Ah, the lazy days of summer. My June deadline doth speedily approach, so what am I doing? That's right. I'm blogging.
But it's for a good reason, I assure you. One year from now, I will be (hopefully) done with graduate school. What then? I read a recent article that said 85% of college grads move back home. 85 freaking percent! I hatehatehate being "just like everybody else," so naturally, I don't want to be part of the 85%. Traditionally, one is expected to get a job after graduation, usually one related to your educational focus. Yeah. Right. Like those jobs are really going to open up to new grads at the exact-right moment next April. However, they are fun to think about.
Here are my dream jobs:
1. Full-time novelist. What! Okay, that one was super obvious.
2. Adaptation screenwriter. I would love to try my hand at adapting books to the screen! Especially this little gem...
3. Editorial staff at Walden Media. I just love these guys! I was especially impressed by the president and co-founder, Michael Flaherty, when he gave a BYU forum address.
4. Editorial staff at Disney-Hyperion. They have a Youtube channel. Just saying.
5. Writing instructor at Oxford. Gotta aim high, you know?
Basically, I want to be surrounded by these.
And to look a little like this guy. Minus the beard.
'Cause way down deep inside, I've got a dream!
Alright. Back to work. ;)