Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Toni and the Machines

I have a car. His name is Apollo because he is gold and Apollo is the Greek god of light. We make a handsome couple, if I do say so myself.


Apollo was my college graduation gift. I couldn't get a man, so I got a car instead! Do you know what I love most about Apollo? He isn't under the influence of SkyNet. For those of you unfamiliar with the world of "De Terminator," SkyNet is the evil-robot-run force of evil robots of Arnold Schwarzenegger-sized fame. And my father's car is, unfortunately, a SkyNet machine. You see, my father asked me to drive his Honda Pilot (named Vladimir) through southern Utah, but the car ran so smoothly that I hardly felt like I was driving. I barely had to touch the pedals to get them to respond. I barely had to hold the steering wheel. Vlad was driving, not me. I like to be in control of a machine with that much power--lest it decide to kill me and take over the world.

Thank goodness for anti-SkyNet Apollo! He does not drive smoothly. I have to really press those pedals down. And my hands are always 10 and 2 on that steering wheel. Driving Apollo is a lot like riding a horse because I have to pay attention to what he's telling me all the time. And I appreciate that. I just have to be careful not to get too much in tune with this machine. I could end up part human/part machine, like Darth Vader. Which would be disastrous. But I'll take the Empire over SkyNet any day.

The Search for My Muchness: Heaven is feline. I've been house-sitting a pair of kittens this week, and not even Disneyland made me this happy! I suppose that's why I'm Toni the Tiger.

1 comment:

alee said...

What a fabulous graduation gift! Let me know when you give him a name...