Friday, February 25, 2011

If you give a girl a star...

Because of a traumatizing episode in Young Women's, I hate hate hate crafts. Hate hate hate. Double hate. Loathe entirely. Let's just say that one of my leaders did not like it that I was thinking "outside the box" when we did crafts for activity. Every week. For years. Starting when I was twelve.

However, I have found myself with a lot of time on my hands. Normally, I fill my free time with reading, but grad school is starting to wear down my eyeballs. I now "watch" my favorite movies, the movies that I can quote in my sleep, the movies that I do not need to use my eyes to watch. I can just listen to the dialogue and the music and my memory fills in the rest. But I'm fidgety. I have nothing to do while I listen-imagine-watch these movies.

And so, I craft. Tonight, the movie was Lord of the Rings. I made a star out of ribbon, beads, and pipe cleaners.



And then the star needed something to shine on, so I made a fairy.



And then the fairy got lonely, so I made another fairy. This one is my favorite, mostly because of her vibrant colors. And also because she has feathers for wings.


And the fairy wanted to ride on top of a kitty.

And now, if you'll excuse, I need to watch my one of my favorite elves of all time (read: Haldir) die a horrible and unnecessary death. It should have been Legolas.

No comments: