Saturday, March 6, 2010

2010 Theme

Whew! It's been a couple of amazing weeks! Apolo polished off his Olympics career with eight medals, and I scored a Personal Gold Medal: acceptance into the English MA program at BYU!!! Now that I'm in my last semester, having already achieved my gold, I need to focus and finish strong. If I never push myself, I'll never know what I can achieve.

With "pushing myself" in mind, I have decided that I need a theme for my activities and goals this year. For example, I am trying to strengthen myself physically, mentally, and spiritually. I'm also trying to strike a balance between all three forces. It's tough! There are a lot of things I want to accomplish this year. And so, I unveil my Personal Theme:

Light Within

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

FAQ (mostly by myself)

Where does this light come from? Knowledge and truth--the glory of God. To me, it represents the potential that is within you.

How do I obtain knowledge and truth? Even by study and also by faith.

How do I show my True Beauty? By having a body that is clean and pure like a glass phial (Light of Earendil, anyone?). Exercise, nutrition, spiritual strength, good and positive thoughts, etc.

What will the end result be? Oh, I don't know, but probably something cool like this:



You know, I've always loved the idea of being Toni the Tiger. But a tiger made out of light? So much awesomer. Especially since Apolo is the god of light. And the leader of the Greek muses. That means that I can be his muse-tiger. Mrreow.

Coming up next: specific goals from the muse-tiger.
Sneak preview: The Literary Olympics!

No comments: